- Written by Super User
- Category: Specialty/Printed Films
OvenReady makes Cook In Product Packaging Applications a Snap!
The XtraPlast OvenReady material is engineered to withstand the demands of processing, cook & ship, and Cook In production. Our products maintain a clear and strong package, perfect for retail presentation. XtraPlast offers high-barrier thermoforming/roll stock film products with adhesive and non-adhesive applications as well as bag/pouch options for simple, individual packages - both Perfect for any cook-in packaged product.
The XtraPlast OvenReady material can withstand cooking time of up to six hours and temperatures as high as 400 degrees. The experienced packaging consultants at XtraPlast are here to answer your product questions and provide samples.
OvenReady Product Features
- Forming films thickness: 100-250 micron (4-10 mils)
- Non-forming film thickness: 35-200 micron (1.4-10 mils)
- High barrier or medium barrier
- Good tear and puncture resistance
- Excellent transparency, gloss, and clarity
- Can be reversed-trapped printed
- Designed to always open during the cooking process
- Simple – easy to use, no handling of the food from store to oven, minimal preparation, no expertise necessary
- Healthy - preserves nutritional value, flavor, and color of the food product
- Fast – reduces standard cooking time by 30-50% by holding in the steam, juices and heat to cook food faster
- Clean - locks in the meat; cooks and browns without sticking; no splatters or pans to wash; leaves the oven clean
- Versatile – good for roasting turkey, chicken, beef, pork, fish and vegetables
- Safe – secure handling and no spatter burns
Not the Product You Are Looking For?
We offer more than 1,000 different type of packaging material to meet our customer's packaging needs including: